Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Things are Lookin' up Kid
Yesterday was the day from Hades. By the end of it, I was ready to collapse. I had stayed up until 2am the night/morning before working on homework that I should have done last weekend. When I got to work, it was insane. And I had a meeting with my advisor and we talked about when I can graduate. At our last meeting she told me I would be done in January, but yesterday... oh boy... I almost broke down in tears in her office. I know I sound a little dramatic, but I feel like I've been working towards this goal for too long! I found out that I had to take 12 more units at Hancock, and that I wasn't graduating until May. I was pretty upset about it.

Well, in my class last night, my professor was talking about getting your degree and how it doesn't mean anything unless you work for it. And you know what? I'm fin with the extra time I have to put into this journey. If it's worth anything to me, I should be willing to put the time and money into it. Besides, I pretty much have very little direction, so maybe I need this time to figure out where I'm supposed to be after I get that piece of paper. Then, my advisor called me today and told me that I only have 9 more units to take and they can be in whatever I want them to be in. Pottery here I come! :o) Then, this morning I found $12 in my pocket! I really think Jesus put it there because I am so broke right now.

And that's my life. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me happy to see you content become content in a difficult situation. What a great witness!

Jaz

Ashley said...

Jennifer. I miss you. I still havnt seen your place..lame. well I hope everything is going well with your job. love ya! read my blog!

Anonymous said...

hi jennifer :)
i don't have a blog but i was thinking about you all and searched for some of your names, and so i wanted to say hi. haven't seen you in a LONG time. hope life is great!
love,
jamie (miller) bonilla

Anonymous said...

NEW BLOG TIME!!
ashley