Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Annual Blog

Today, I got a hankerin' for some good ol' fashioned blog readin'. After reading your blogs, I was inspired. First there was Michael with his "ants on the ground" and Farah with Mimi waving old glory. There was Morgan's amazing quilt and Whitney and Kaleb's anniversary. Oh yeah, and Ric's heartfelt story about his dad and life's lessons and Katie's journey with the Lord. I just felt like I needed to contribute to the blogging world today, I just don't know what to contribute. A funny picture? I sweet story? A laughable anecdote? All of the above?

This is Niecy Nash and she is HILARIOUS! I have rediscovered her on many shows... Reno 911, Clean House and Dancing with the Stars (all the cool kids call it DWTS). Now, some of you might be a tad bit annoyed by her voice, but I love it. Just hearing her speak makes me laugh. Those sarcastic looks she gives people on Clean House are classic. She's got sass, people.

How have I lived without Netflix for so long (Then again, how have I lived without internet for so long?)? Thousands of hours of entertainment are at my fingertips for only $9 a month. Just today I watched a documentary about a lawsuit that was filed against the person who retrieved the Barry Bonds' 73rd home run ball. Now that's entertainment.



Melanie, Amy and I went to Rwanda, Africa last June. I never wrote about it because I wasn't really sure what to say. I've had a year to process it now and there are many things that I laugh about (cars always breaking down, the pastor's family watching a spanish soap opera every night, laughing at people when they unknowingly grabbed a very hard corn on the cob) some things that I cry about (the pain I had in my legs from the LONG flights there and back, the state of health that most of the children were in, the amount of children there that had barely any provisions to live on, thinking of the suffering that many people we met have been through due to genocide) and some things I rejoice about (seeing the Lord touch the lives of people thousands of miles away from me, seeing joy in the midst of suffering, getting to see children play on a playground for their first time). I love this picture.

Well, I suppose that's all for now. Good catching up, bloggies (like Trekkies, but Bloggies).


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now don't wait another year for your next one!

Whitney @ The Sweetest Things said...

yay Jen blogged!!! I thoroughly enjoyed your post!

ps. i also think niecy nash is hilarious.