Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I'm wearing a sweatshirt that says "Sac State" on it right now. Part of me wants to take it off and throw it away, but the bigger part of me wants to keep it on. Why the sweatshirt business you ask? Well here's why: I went to sacramento this weekend with Jamie and Crystal. We were looking forward to a totally awesome trip. But what we found, or what I found was heart wrenching. It was like all of the things I feared would happen, did. The first thing was COSTCO. I probably won't have a job there when I move because that's when they do all of their lay offs. Plus they're union in sacramento so that's totally ghetto. Second thing, I'm still labled as a dependent for financial aid even though I don't live with my parent's and they don't claim me on their taxes. And finally- the cost of living isn't as cheap as the three of us had imagined. We were in sacramento for 3 days and we finally found a place on the last day, during the last hour of our trip. It's a super nice townhouse with 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms. The rent is $1,350 a month. That works out to around $450 each. Granted, that's not that bad for rent and it's right by CSUS and the American River, and it has a washer and dryer... but I'm just so scared! I won't even have a secure job, I'll probably have to take out a student loan, how is this going to work?
I know, I know, I'm freaking out a little. I just need to pray about this, and be realistic. And I need all of you guys to pray for me too. PLEASE!!!! Just that I'll be wise, and that I will trust in the Lord- because that's my hardest thing right now. And if you have any words or wisdom for me, I would greatly appreciate them. So that's my life right now- just looking forward to the future, I think I'll keep the sweatshirt on....

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Hey girl! Wow, lots of new stuff happening in your life. I will definitely be praying for you in this. If God wants you to go to Sac State then He'll provide everything you need down to the last little thing. I'm praying for you my friend! I miss you and if you ever need to talk you can ALWAYS call me, ok?
Love you,
Carrie