Monday, March 10, 2008

Bring Back the Duel!
The other night, Joy and I were watching "Far and Away" and they had a duel on there. I think we should bring it back. Somebody hits your car, settle it with a duel. Your house gets tp'd and you catch the culprits, duel. Duels can settle anything.
In other news, my surgery is on March 26th. I wish I could have a duel with my ovary, it might win though. My doctor showed me a picture of this tumor with hair and teeth. Sick! I wanted to throw up, and I pray to God that that's not what's in my body. Barf. I'm going to be out of work for 8 weeks! That is a long time, a lot of rest, a lot of working on my research paper, a lot of quilting. Great news that the left ovary is fine and they told me I shouldn't worry about the mass being cancerous. What a relief!
Anyway, God is good. He prepared this ordeal long before I was even here. He knows how He is going to heal me and I know that those 8 weeks are going to be a sweet time of getting to know Him better. Thank you, thank you, thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. I don't know how people can live without friends. I love you guys!

7 comments:

Morgan Jane said...

Yeah Jenn! I'm so glad that everything is going better than originally suspected. I'm sure the surgery will go well, and then 8 weeks to read, quilt, pray, and rest will be really awesome for you. If you need ANYTHING, holla!

Anonymous said...

Cool girl, I knew that you would be OK. With all that time off maybe you will be free for lunch! (hint,hint) JK! Just take good care of yourself girl!

Love Ya!
A.J.

Ashley said...

hey Jenn! I have been praying for you a lot lately. Im so glad that its not worse then it is. If you need anything during those 8 weeks let me know..or if you need anything, anytime. let me know. Love you!

Carrie said...

Hey girl! My mom told me about your surgery on Sunday. I am praying for you and will definitely pray for you on March 26th. It's extremely encouraging to see your faith in all this. What a great example you are.
Love you!
Carrie

Ric Reyes said...

Yea for no cancer!

Anonymous said...

Jen, I love you and I know you'll be okay. Plan on seeing me Wed!
Love
Fauf

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn,
I read what happened on the prayer chain. I'll be praying for you. I know you're tough and this must be very hard to deal with. I know God will be there helping you get through this.
Love, Melissa (Alaska)