Thursday, June 24, 2004

I had quite a day yesterday, not that I'm complaining or anything. I was just dead at the end of it, in every way possible. Here we go... first of all, I woke up late. Mother Hen came in my room and woke me up because she didn't hear any sound in my room. When I woke up, I just looked at her and said the wisest words I could think of..."I hate school!" So, I rolled out of bed, brushed my teeth, and headed for school. From a distance, I could see a sign on my classroom door that said "class cancelled today". I got so excited that I ran to the door, only to be dissapointed. It was for another class. So I went inside and sat down in the back. Well, my class only has like 8 people in it, so there really isn't a back, but nonetheless, I sat down in the farthest seat away from the front. Then my professor starts going, this is what I hear,"Blah, blah Freud. Self-actualization blah, blah...test tomorrow blah, blah." And then my head hit the desk, and I was out. So, I kept dozing off and finally decided I needed to get some fresh air. I got up and went outside, walked around for a bit, got a snack, ate it, then went back to class. I got home after class and took a nap. Considering I had to go to work at 12:25, it wasn't a very long one. Only about an hour long. Mother Hen came in to wake my up again and I got up and left for work. I got there and thankfully, I wasn't in clothing. I started to put people's stuff in their carts (an art they call "assisting")when one of my managers comes up to me and says those 4 words that every "assistant" loves to hear (not) "You need to transfer." This means that I had to take everything out of every customer's basket and put it into an empty one. This includes: cases or water, dog food, cases of soda, bags of charcoal, etc. Not a very fun time at work. By the time I got off work, I felt so apathetic towards it. I got in my car and just thought,"I don't even care. I hate this." I got home and called my buddy Kyle about backpacking this weekend. "The trails are full", Kyle said. Then he told me Zach said he wasn't going to go. Dude! I had been looking forward to this trip for a while, I finally had a weekend off, and now, now the trails are full and Zach's not going?! No way! So then he said that we were just going to go to Yosemite and see if we could get in, and that Zach was going to go. I felt a little better. I called Zach and made sure he was going, then Tani came over and gave me a present! She got me some scrapbooking stuff for backpacking pictures. When she left, I just sat on my bed. I felt like crying but I didn't really have the energy, so I just sat. I talked to God for a while then went to sleep. I woke up a little late this morning but it was okay. I went to class and took a test, and did good on it. Now I'm home, and I don't heve to work until 5.

The thing is, I realized, I need to praise the Lord when I open my eyes in the morning. I need to thank Him for my breath. Then, when I go to work, thank Him for His provision. He has provided me with so much! And with the backpacking trip- so what if the trails are full! I'm going to enjoy creation, and enjoy spending time with Zach and Kyle. I don't know how I got this weekend off, but I did- and it's not going to be wasted. So that's it. I thought I had a bad day yesterday, but I think God just wanted me to realize that He's my strength and that when I think something is sucky, it really isn't. Anywho, I'm off to an adventure!

No comments: