Sunday, December 04, 2005

Words
Do they mean anything anymore? Why can't people just say what they mean, and mean what they say? I just feel like venting right now, so I'm going to. I feel like I give all of my emotions to people. Sometimes I don't have words to express how I feel, but I try to find them. For example, one time I told Mrs.Hough, "I really love you. I mean, I really love you a lot." When I care about someone, I tell them. It shouldn't be hard to do, but on rare occasions it is. I find that when I express my feelings, I get a reply that sounds like it was out of obligation. Kind of like the other person is thinking, "Gee, she really put herself out there. She really does care about me. I should probably say something back." (I'm talking about every type of relationship, friendships/dating/family). But I don't need to hear it back if it's out of obligation, I would rather not if that's the case. I just want honesty. I know that it hurts sometimes, but I'm a big girl and I can handle it.
I suppose I'll continue to tell people how I feel about them as I make and develop more friendships, without expecting anything in return. But I won't ever say something that isn't true because I feel obligated to.

2 comments:

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Steph said...

I wish the samething too Jen!

But hey, sometimes it's better to tell someone something and be left hanging, then to never say it and always wonder about the whole, what if you kept quiet.