Friday, March 31, 2006

Crazy Article
Ok, I have some more grief to talk about. Today I was reading an article on Yahoo about the 9/11 911 calls from the trade towers. And one of the relatives of a victim in the towers said that the 911 dispatchers didn't handle the calls properly and that they weren't prepared. OK, seriously! Who was prepared for that? What were they supposed to say to those hundreds of people who called 911? All they could do was stay on the line and try to give them some comfort. I think people need to stop blaming and move on because there's no way in Hades that we could have expected/predicted/prepared for/prevented an attack like that. It was definitely a horrible, horrible thing that happened, done by people with pure evil running through their viens. And as much as we try to think of ways to prevent attacks, they think of ways to carry them out. It's sick. So for heaven's sake, don't tell a 911 operator that their words weren't good enough. Those people have a job that I would never want. They have to stay calm in hopeless situations, if that isn't enough, they have to try to keep the caller calm and get information out of histerical people. Ok, now I'm starting to ramble. Anywho, that's my political opinion for the day. Don't judge me. :o)

2 comments:

Steph said...

Alot of those family members are still angry over the whole event. Instead of directing the angry into a way to heal, they direct it into taking it out on someone who isn't to blame for the events that happened. I can't imagine losing someone that way, but at the same time, I can't imagine getting angry at someone who simply was trying to a job, was probably just as scared as those on the line, because something like that, you can never train to be ready to handle that.

Fauf said...

sadly, that's human nature, to blame everyone but ourselves. My sister is an EMT on an ambulence rig. She tells me all the time of people who get angry at her for doing her job saving their lives. People need to get over themselves.