Tuesday, October 24, 2006

5 Years
Last night, I was inspired to open up a box from my past. Farah told me she used to twirl baton, and I did too, so I had to show her my old hot pink jacket from my "squad". When I opened up the box, I found a ton of memories! It was crazy to look at old stuff from so long ago and to remember the person I was. Out of all of the things I found, I think the craziest was my application for the CALEB program at Hume Lake. On it, I had to put where I thought I would be in 5yrs, 10yrs, 30yrs, etc. I wrote the application 5 years ago, and according to what I wrote, I should be married by now. 5 years from now, I'm going to be a stay at home mom.... I think I need to get busy! But seriously, I am thankful that my plans didn't work out. I just thought it was funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never was much into having 5 yr+ plans because it seems to put God in a box. God is so crazy creative, I wouldn't want to hinder Him by making my own plans. That's not livin' the dream!

Ashley said...

I love finding things from my past. Its amazing to see how much you have grown ya know. Im glad I knew you 5 years ago..just thought you should know.

Steph said...

We make plans, God makes His. Guess who always wins? :-)