Monday, November 12, 2007

"If any of you lacks wisdom (teeth) he should ask God..."
I just thought that was funny. I thought of that verse this morning for some reason and then I put the teeth in there. Good times. It's true, my wisdom teeth are gone. Well, I actually still have one left. A lone reed in the back of my mouth. I hope he survives without his pals around. I think I'll name him to let him know that he's special to me. Let's see.... I think I'll name him Val. There's really no reason why I chose that name, it just popped into my head right now.
The whole ordeal of getting the teeth out was interesting. They gave me valiume which I was actually pretty excited about. In Beetlejuice Lydia tells Adam and Barbara that her mom is "sleeping with prince valiume tonight." Yes, I can even relate my wisdom teeth removal to Beetlejuice. I though, "Man, I can't wait to see what it's like to be on some heavy drugs." Turns out, they didn't do ANYTHING. I took 'em, waited, waited, and didn't feel any different. I was freaking out a little that morning. I had a small thought enter my mind, "What if I just don't go?" I went.
That day was spent sleeping and watching movies. It was pretty nice. I took vicodin and stuff so it didn't really hurt at all. The second day I was getting a little cranky because I was hungry and it started to hurt. The third day I realized that the vicodin made my head hurt and my mouth hurt pretty bad too in spite of it, so I stopped taking it. I was still cranky from not being able to eat tasty food too. The fourth day, I was just mad. I was hungry, bored, and my head and mouth hurt a lot. I'm pretty much back to normal now, which is good. I think I was just hungry.
You know I only write blogs when I really need to be doing something else right? Yeah, I should really be doing some online homework for my hancock class.... Online classes really aren't for me. I don't know how people can do it.
I'm going to give some shout outs to ya'll.
Farah-You are one of the funniest people I know. Hanging out with you last night brought me so much joy. I am so thankful that God prepared you for Michael so that we could be friends. I love you so much! One more thing: 1-Immaturity 2-Age 3-.... You are fabulous. :o)
Michael-I drank one of your diet cokes last night. Thanks. Ok, so I also realized how hilarious you are. I can't imagine actually acting out a scene from Montel in a public place with anyone else. "My soul, my soul must sing...."
Parker-Thanks for the pound of yogurt creations! You are a very giving person and I'm thankful that you're my friend. I'll put a word in with the Chief about you. :o)
Ashli-Tyler is amazing. MAD PROPS to you for the labor. You are incredible. Thanks for giving me the truth about child birth. Now I'm never having sex. Love ya.
Jaz-Thanks for always commenting on my blog. If I ever go to Bako I'm totally going to stop by and say hi. We've had some good memories over the years... Love ya
Steph-Thanks for letting me stay at your place and for getting me all of those gifts. I love them. You're a faithful friend.
Carrie-Thanks for having your future wedding in Minnesota. I'm really excited about going. I've always wanted to see what all the fuss is about. I better see some lakes, that's all I'm saying. Thanks for serving the Lord in Haiti. You inspire me. I love you.
Morgan-Well, I haven't seen you in a while. I don't really know what to shout at you... I still love you though and cherish your friendship. Oh, I thought of something! Shout out to the b-day ride on the Vespa! That was sweet!! I definitely locked that away in my memory vault. Can't wait to hang out sometime soon. PSL (pumpkin spice latte) date soon!
Jesus-You amaze me.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Jen you are so awesome and I love you! Don't you worry, when you come out to Minnesota you will for sure see some lakes. See you in 3 weeks!!

Morgan Jane said...

Oh man, I totally feel the love. Thanks for the shout out Jenn! And definitely, Starbucks date is on the horizon. This week is pretty insane, but next week, it's you and me.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! I was in need of a good blog reading and you satisfied! I've realized that yes, I am completly addicted to the internet and the blog world especially. But you know what, if laughing at my computer screen and getting giddy inside when someone posts something new is bad, then what's good! :O)

Jazzie Jaz

Steph said...

Glad you got to come up and hang. It was fun eating way too much bad stuff with you.

Did you wear your shirt yet? :-)

Oh and you left your skirt. I might wear it, haha.

Michael said...

Jennifer! I knew there was a Diet Coke missing! I rationed them out this last week so I could have one a day, and alas, I didn't get one on Friday! You bugger! Let's meet and talk about psychic Sylvia Brown sometime and people's bad hearts that need to be checked.

Ashley said...

hehe. thanks jenn! I feel like I need to be honest about those things..no one was honest about labor with me. darn them! anyway, i love you!