Thursday, February 07, 2008

What? Etc.
I don't even know if I should be writing this blog right now. I'm a little (ok, a lot) confused right now and scared too. Umm, where do I begin? I went to the doctor (the obgyn) on Tuesday because of some random stuff that was going on with my body. And what a fun time that was! This is why I'm writing this blog- I had an ultrasound, an internal one, and one of my ovaries is really big. So big that I'm calling it my second uterus. During the ultrasound I was calm because I didn't know what it all meant. After the ordeal the dr. told me that it was kind of a big deal. First there was the word ct scan, then the words possibly a tumor, then the word surgery. And that's what's going on. And now all I can think about are the "what if's." What if I wake up from surgery with a hysterectomy? There are a lot of other what if's I've been thinking about too. I just don't really want to actually say them. And then there's the timing off all of this. I don't know if you guys know that I have class 4 nights a week and it's my last semester. My very last semester. I have to stay on top of this research project and this whole thing doesn't really fit into that. It's God's timing though... that's hard for me to grasp.
People have been telling me not to freak out, this happens to people all of the time, I shouldn't worry. I don't know how to respond to that. I'm scared and confused, and upset. And right now, it physically hurts. It hasn't been lately, but now it does. I NEED your prayers. I am not ashamed to ask for them. Please please pray for peace. My heart is so heavy and I really don't know how to let it go. I want to accept whatever God is doing with joy, and right now that's not the case. I don't even know who sings this song, but I heard it today on KLove (I know it's cheesy). I feel like I've been holding my breath for the past 2 days and this made me let it out- "The voice of truth tells me a different story. The voice of truth says, 'Do not be afraid.' The voice of truth says, 'This is for My glory.' Out of all the voices calling out my name, I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth." There was a lot of comfort in that, but I still have a lot to go.
So, I pretty much wrote this blog to let you guys know what's going on so that I don't have to keep telling people. I also need as much prayer as possible and I just needed to get out some of my hidden feelings about the whole situation. Anywho, thanks for the prayers and the kind words and thoughts. I love you guys.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

hey Jenn! im so sorry the appointment didnt go well. I will totally be praying for you. It is common. I had something weird like that and it went away! I understand that you are scared though. Everything will be fine. dont worry. Im here for ya if you need anything! or if you dont need anything. Call me anytime!

Anonymous said...

i'll definately keep you in my prayers! LOVE YOU

jaz

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn, I haven't looked at your blog for a very long time, but the Lord must have lead me there this evening. I will be praying for you. Kim went through some similar awful stuff so maybe you could talk to her as well. I love you and will be praying that you do hear "the voice of truth." He will absolutely never let you down!

Steph said...

I love you too Jen.

Thanks for the call today. You know (and yes it's cheesy to say) I got your back. You need anything, say the word I will do what I can to make it happen.

You got my prayers as well. I can't wait to see you. :-)

Tim and Tiffany Lanier said...

Hey Jen,
I have been thinking about you and I wanted you to know that I am praying for you. I would love to get together when there is a time that is good for you. Just give me a call!

Tiffany

kari mia way said...

Hey Jenn! I will for sure be praying for you, right now, tonight, tomorrow...I know you're scared. I love you

Anonymous said...

I totally thought about you today! I had a kid in my class say, "Mr. Shaw aren't we in the month of Feb.?"

I laughed. -Michael

Anonymous said...

Jen-Jen:

Girl, I know that you are scared but just trust in the lord like you always have and evrything will be OK. You will definitley get my prayers!

Love You Girl!

A.J.