Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Carpool Lane
I have thought about writing this blog for a couple of days. Now, I'm warning you, it's going to sound a little extreme so take it in stride. Here is my statement: the carpool lane discriminates against single people. I was driving to my interview in Ontario last Friday. The "group" interview. I was alone and I was a little late because of traffic. Now, if only I had been able to utilize the carpool lane, I would have made it on time. This week when I went to my real interview my brother was with me. We made it there in record time because of the carpool lane. I propose that right next to the carpool lane there should be a singles lane. I know what you're thinking, "Every lane on the freeway besides the carpool lane is a singles lane." While that is technically true, we should take it a step further. What if the singles lane was sort of like eharmony for the freeway? And then, once you met that "special someone," you graduated to the carpool lane. I don't know, maybe you could look up the person's license plate number and it would have all of their stats and hobbies and tell you if you were a match.
Anywho, don't even try and steal my idea. Holla back if you know what I'm sayin'. :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally support you in this idea. Very funny!
Fauf

Steph said...

I can see it now, Jen in the singles lane, cruising down it and she looks in the rear view. There she sees it, a roof rack... and she must get his digits. :-D