Monday, July 07, 2008

Funemployement
Yes, that is my life right now. Not having a job is really weird. I faxed 3 resumes today, I think that brings the count to about 30. I'm gettin' my name out there ma! Just kidding. I would like to announce that I got 2nd place in the cake contest at the church block party. I couldn't even believe it. I almost cried tears of joy.
Next topic. I didn't go to Sacramento this week. Bummer. It's a fact that I would have to pay $100 in gas alone. I applied for a job in Sacramento so hopefully I'll have an interview there. That would be sweet. I have this anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach. I know I shouldn't be anxious, but it's just crazy. I don't know how to explain it. I kind of feel like there's a lot of uncertainty in life right now. I usually thrive on this feeling and see it as an opportunity for adventure. I'm still thriving on it but it's different now.
Umm, I'm going to Disneyland on Friday. Horray! I haven't been in a year and I'm ready for some magic. I'm really excited. Really. And then, something really really exciting is that I might get to go on the Navajo mission trip! If I don't have a job by then I'm going. I don't know what to pray for because I really want to go but I really want a job. (I secretly want to go on the trip more than I want a job though) Last year I asked God to let me go but it didn't happen, maybe He's just answering my prayers a year later. Sweet.
Well, that's about it for today. I rode my bike today. It was fun.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

congrats on getting second place. how fun! who got first place? I will pray for the job thing. I bet you will end up getting the perfect one though. that would be awesome. I hope you are doing well!!
ashley

Steph said...

You rock! Freaking Iron Chef Santa Maria!!

I'm bummed you didn't make it, but I will live. If you do get an interview, hit me up, you gots a place to stay. If you land the job. I also have that extra room. :-)