Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Out of the Boat
So, you know when Peter saw Jesus walking on water and he got out of the boat because he wanted to do it too? I kind of feel like that right now. Let me just say, there are some scary things in the water. I never really thought about that in relation to the real story. First of all, there were waves. Waves freak me out. I like the ocean and all, but getting pummeled by a wave doesn't seem that exciting. Second of all, there are creatures in the ocean. Piranhas, sharks, eels, and some other scary ones. Getting out of the boat is exciting though, especially when Jesus is there to pick you up if you fall in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And if you notice in that story that as soon as the disciples invited Jesus into the boat, the waves calmed, etc. Same thing with our lives--we need to constantly invite Jesus into our lives to bring us peace.