Sunday, June 12, 2005

Alcohol
So, today I was thinking. Before I was 21, or actually basically from the time I was 16-20 I despised alcohol. Well, I didn't despise it, but I never thought I would drink it. But when I turned 20 I started looking forward to being 21. I changed my mind about alcohol and decided that it would be okay if I drank a little when I turned 21. So, on my 21st birthday I drank it up a bit but didn't get drunk. I didn't like it because, lets face it, alcohol tastes gross. But I drank it anyway because that's what I was supposed to do. It has almost been a year since that day and I am still left here thinking. Alcohol is a depressant. It makes you do things that you will regret doing, and it harms your body if you drink too much of it. I ruins families, lives, futures and so many other things. I'm not going to be a hypocrite here because I have been known to have an occasional drink, but why the excess? Do people enjoy being taken advantage of, throwing their guts up, spending tons of money, and waking up with a headache as well as no recollection of what happened the night before? I was also thinking, does my view on alcohol affect the way I view other things? Like premarital sex for example? I definitley have a negative view on this subject and am certain that it won't change. But if I thought getting drunk was okay, would I think it was okay to have sex outside of marriage?
Friends, these are just my thoughts today. It's kind of sad to watch my generation waste their lives like this. It's not even shameful to them. What happens when they're a drunk dad/mom? Or what happens when they get married and have to tell their husband/wife that they have an STD? People need to step it up! Anyway, there's my heart for the day.

No comments: