Tuesday, June 21, 2005

First Day of Summer
Well, it's officially summer. Forecast for the week: 80's and 90's. As Paris Hilton would say, "That's hot." :o) I rung in the new season with none other than a trip to....... the Galt Flea Market. Yes, Stephanie, Lori and I made our way to Galt and had a splendid time rummaging through old vintage signs and other cool things. We even went to Lodi in search of antique stores, we only found one but it was still a cool trip. I came home and thought, "Hmmm, what could I do as my last event for the first day of summer?" So, I went for a bike ride. I went further than I had ever gone before on the bike trail. I felt good afterwards. Then, I came home and ate some oreos (with milk of course) and watched some pbs thing about China. Followed by Trading Spouses (activist edition, if any of you watched it don't you think the vegan mom was a jerk?) and House. A lot of TV, but it was nice to sit around for a bit. It has been a nice vacation, but I'm excited about going back to work. I really enjoy working at Jamba Juice. I crack up every time I'm there, it's just refreshing. And besides, I think I'm having smoothie withdrawl. No more sleeping in Crystal's room :o( I don't think she wants to wake up at 4am. I learned something really cool in my quiet time today. I haven't been doing them lately, so I decided that since God made summer I needed to spend time with Him during it.... :o) Anywho, I'm reading this book called "Don't Waste Your Life". It's really good. Today, I was reading about the term "glorify God". We toss it around all the time, but do we really know what it means? Then it talked about magnification. Magnification can be used in two ways. One way is like a microscope, it is used to make something small look big. And the other is like a telescope, it is used to make something huge look like it's actual size. And that's what we need to do with God. Magnify Him. Be the telescope that makes God look like His actual size by glorifying Him. I thought it was pretty cool and it made sense. :o)
Well, I gotta hit the sack, here are a few pictures from my vacation....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.