Thursday, September 08, 2005

In my gut
I'm at school right now, in the computer lab. In a sense it reminds me of "the good old days" when we used to go to the computer lab to play Oregon Trail. Except for, "back then" there was always someone watching over your shoulder making sure you didn't have any problems, or you weren't putting a curse word on one of the graves. Today I realized, that now more than ever, I have to have self discipline. I realized that I need to constantly be reminding myself not to be lazy but to persevere. Why does it have to be so hard?! It's only the second week of classes, and I already have this feeling of hoplessness. In the back of my mind I tell myself, "Jen, it's okay because if you fail, you can just try again." But that just means that I'll have to work just as hard for twice the amount of time that it should take. I guess there's a reason why people are so happy once they finally get their degree, they remember all of the toil and late night anguish and feelings of inadequacy that it took to get there. I know it will definitely be worth it in the end, but that doesn't mean it's not hard right now. So, that's in my gut right now. Other than that, life is good. I quit Applebee's. Sunday is my last day, hallelujiah! And nothing else too exciting to say. :o) Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Steph said...

[SeanConnery]Suck it Applebee's! Hahaha![SeanConnery]