Saturday, September 17, 2005

Enlightened
So, I was thinking today about relationships and such. And I realized that I've only been in two, and I am utterly thankful for that. While being in a relationship has it's benefits, it has it's downfalls too. I can't decide which list is longer right now, the downfalls or the benefits. In the first place, you have to give up so much time for that person. Time that could be spent working, studying, or being with friends. Is it worth it? You have to surrender emotions. That person has the potential to hurt you, and vis-versa. And then there are all of the other compromises that go along with relationships. Don't get me wrong, there are benefits too. You gain a great friend that has the potential to be your future spouse. You learn how to love in a totally different way, and how to be selfless. But I guess it's just tricky to find the one person who is worth all of that and makes the relationship beneficial to your life. Who wants to share in your joy and your struggles, who you want to share in their joy and struggles also, who wants what's best for you and both of you in light of God's glory, and who is good at biology so they can help you study for your test.... j/k :o) Just something that's been on my mind lately. And no, friends in Santa Maria, there is nobody I have in mind in reference to this blog- I was just pondering.

1 comment:

DREAMER said...

....well sounds like your being cautious.......and maybe your thinking about it, cause others around you are either in a committed relationship or just looking still.

Seems (in my opinion) people are envious or jealous or just curious about others who have or are already in a (what seems deep) relationship...............gawd I cant believe i'm posting a reply to something like this.......sooo out of character for me......feels wierd like lol...nonetheless.....nice to see someone with a recent blogg post.