Sunday, June 25, 2006

Forrest Gump
Ok, that man definitely lived the dream. Today I was watching a little bit of the movie over at Michael's and remembered how great it was. If I were alone, I would have totally cried. Let's consider this thought that the character Forrest Gump had a great life. Here are the reasons:
-He wasn't a smart man, but he knew what love was.
-He totally rocked at Ping Pong
-The love of his life (although she died and that sucked) realized how great he was and that she loved him too.
-He made a fortune by keeping his word.
-He followed his heart in every situation.
-He made an impact on the world.
I'm sure there are many more reasons. If you have any, feel free to share them. My point is, why do we make life so complicated? It really shouldn't be. If you love someone, you should tell them. If you make a promise, you should keep it. If you have a debt, you should pay it. If you feel like dancing, you should dance. Ok, that last one was just for fun. But seriously, why not? Alright, I think I'm being a little too hippie for some of you, just my thoughts for the day. :o)
Happy Sunday folks.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I totally watched that movie tonight, too!! I got teary eyed.

Another reason he had a great life:
He owned a fishing/shrimp company called Bubba Gump's, how cool is that?!
AND he was involved in a lot of pivotal moments in history...i'm jealous.

I love that you have a little bit of hippie in you!!

Anonymous said...

And he has a name that no one will EVER forget. I probably have a little hippie in me because my mom was (and still somewhat is) a huge hippie!

Steph said...

You're my favorite hippie though.

I love that movie, but I still have horrible flashbacks to watching it at Pier 39, laying on the floor in the Bubba Gump gift shop freezing and exhausted. If I could get past that, then I could totally agree with you! :-)

Ashley said...

I love you..see. im not afraid to say it