Friday, July 07, 2006

Letters and Words
Ok, I realize that this might be a little lame, but I've been thinking about some things lately and tonight I wrote a poem. Don't judge me. Here we go...

Letters and Words

I gave you a part,
a piece of myself.
You didn't want it,
maybe you never did.
Was I worth anything?

My heart written down,
in letters and words.
I gave them to you,
but you didn't want them.
Were they worth anything?

I wish I had thrown them away,
my letters to you.
My words in the trash,
better there than in your hands.

If I would have known,
I would have thrown them away!
They are more worthy there,
than in your hands.

Please throw them away,
my letters and words.

5 comments:

Michael said...

If I had any letters from you I'd throw them away today. But I fear that most of the letters I have from you are on e-mail. Wait a second--this post isn't directed to me. Hum. I appreciate what you are doing here. Work it out J Lou.

Steph said...

I like it, but I'm not sure who it's directed at (or if you want me to know)?

I think we've all felt that way at one time or another... well, at least I know I have.

Carrie said...

I like your poem, Jen. In a way I know how you feel. I love you.

Anonymous said...

That's deep, Jen. I promise never to throw away your letters and words. (Sadly, I may have had that happen to me. And even more sadly, I've been the one to throw others' away too!)

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you had to feel the way you did to come up with a poem like that! However I hope it made you feel better after you did! Take Care girl!

Love Ya!