Monday, February 28, 2005

Volleyball was Fun!
If you don't recall one of my earlier posts about volleyball, then I'll refresh your memory. It sucked. I was a horrible player, people were mean to me, and I cried. I played volleyball tonight and I had a blast!! The most random/funny thing happened tonight. After everyone was done playing, this guy introduced himslef to me. We started talking about where we grew up. I said Santa Maria and he replied,"I lived there for a year and a half." I was like,"No way!" And then he says,"Yeah, I lived on Morrison." I replied,"I used to live on Morrison too!" And he said,"I lived in the Village Green apartments." Totally crazy!!! I used to live there too! So it was nice to talk to him because he kept asking me if I had been places in the area. It was cool. Then I asked him why he was in Santa Maria. He said that he works for the U.S. Geological Survey in the hydrology department. I was totally excited! He moved up here because the USGS owns one of the buildings at Sac State, he works there now. I then told him that my geology class in high school was what sparked my love for nature, and the rest is history. We even talked about the earthquake in Santa Maria. I made another friend too! She's a math teacher and a Christian (I know, how can a Christian teach math? I guess it's possible...) Anyway, it was just really cool to make some new friends. (but not replacements, don't worry) :o)
I have school tomorrow, I am so excited!
I decided that I miss three things in general... old people, kids and babies, and animals. When you're away at college, for the most part, you only see people your age. And we can't have animals in our condo. So, I think I'm going to start talking to more old people at church and maybe work at a school. As for the animals, I haven't solved that one yet. I had a cricket in my room the other day.... but he didn't want to be cuddled. Well, it's getting late. Hope everything is going well for everyone. I miss you!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

So true Jen, you do only see people your own age when you're at school. When I was home a couple weekends ago I realized how much I missed little kids, too. I went over to the Allen's and played with their kids and it was so fun! I guess by going to our schools we learn who and what really matters and is important to us. Miss you.