Friday, July 09, 2004

I have had an interesting week thus far. To make a long story short, I have this problem with my lower abdomen. There's a myriad of scar tissue in it from a surgery I had when I was a baby. Sometimes, my abdomen will hurt but it goes away in a day or so. Well, early Monday morning, it started hurting- really bad. And it didn't go away. Tuesday-still hurt, Wednesday-still hurt... time to go to the ol' doctor. I woke up on Wednesday morning and painfully came out into the living room. Mother Hen (mrs.Hough) asked me what was wrong- I told her and she made me a doctor's appointment. Goodie! So I go to class, come home and lay down and go to the doctor. Don't you hate it when people ask you how you're doing when you're at the doctor's office? I do. I don't know how to respond,"I'm great, considering I'm here at the doctor's." It's an odd situation. I just said,"I'm pretty good."
Anywho, good ol' Dr.Hole (that's his name) told me I needed to go see a different doctor, but not before I peed in a cup for him. Yay!
I decided that it was the wisest thing to go to the "other doctor". I was pretty freaked out about the whole situation. I called Rose and told her what was up and she asked if she could come with me. Of course I said yes. So the next morning we headed off to happiest place on earth... the OBGYN's office! And you know what, I don't know how it happened, but when I woke up that morning, my pain was gone!
It's a miracle, isn't it? He (the doctor) just told me that I probably had some cysts that bursted (how comforting) and that I would soon be over it. Then he told me I needed to come back in 6 weeks... :o(
What an adventure. So, I'm glad I'm still alive, and that I have all of my organs, even if they hurt sometimes. :o) I wish you all good health. Peace out.

No comments: